After having an experiment, we reflected on what we had learned about using watercolour paints.
- Don't let the paint dry!
- Yellow blends well with other colours
- Don't put too much water on
- Blending the colours makes it look more real
- My favourite colours were the maroon, and yellow water colours
- If you twist the paintbrush, it soaks up the water
- The paint dries fast
- Blending colours is very fun
- Using different techniques makes different styles
After our reflection, we went onto our piece of artwork.
- Creating perspective with hills (sketching)
- Creating perspective with trees (sketching)
- Adding shades of green and yellow with water to create different shades of green (light to dark)
- Adding shade of brown (with accents of yellow and black) to trees to add realism.
- Adding sky - reds, oranges.
We then reflected on what parts of our artwork we liked, and which parts we need to practice.
Look at some of our amazing work!